A Leadership Guide for Volunteer Fire Departments, Fourth Edition updates the resource previously known as Recruiting, Training, and Maintaining Volunteer Fire Fighters, Third Edition.
This must have resource examines the challenges of providing volunteer fire protection in modern day America. Readers are guided through a process of self-assessment and planning using case studies and activity worksheets. Skills and strategies are developed, yielding practical assistance to those charged with leading a volunteer fire department.
With the Fourth Edition, you will learn to:
- Develop a strategic plan for your department
- Develop goals and objectives for success
- Recruit and retain quality volunteers
- Determine the need for, screen, and train volunteers
- Use proven motivators and rewards to help your volunteers succeed
- Communicate with and lead volunteers effectively
- Recognize organizational warning signs and what to do when problems arise